1. What is Direct To Garment Printing?
2. What are the Advantage and Disadvantages of DTG Printing?
Advantages of DTG Printing
- DTG Printing is environmentally friendly as water based inks are used. It also reduces wastage as there is no transfer paper or medium used.
- Direct To Garment Printing works perfectly with gradient colours unlike silk screen printing.
- Printing multiple colours does not increase cost of Direct To Garment Printing.
- Direct To Garment Printing captures every detail in your design in high resolution.
Disadvantages of DTG Printing
- Direct To Garment Printing can be done effectively only on cotton materials.
- DTG Printing is Expensive and Not the Most Economical in Large Quantities like Silk Screen Printing. The printing environment has to be carefully controlled. Also, cost of equipment and consumables such as ink are really high.
- White Ink Used in DTG Printing on dark garments is extremely expensive.
- Exact Colour Matching may also be difficult with Direct To Garment printing.
3. Is Silk Screen Printing or Direct To Garment Digital Printing Better?
4. How Can I Do DTG Printing? (Step by Step)
a) Prepare your Artwork, and position your artwork on your DTG Print Driver.
b) Pre Treat The T-Shirt with a Pre Treatment Machine or Pre Treatment Spray.
c) Dry the Pre Treated Shirt on a Heat Press.
d) Load and Print The T-Shirt.
e) Printer will usually print the White Ink Layer first and then the CMYK Colour Inks onto dark garments.
g) Cure the printed garment with a Heat Press.
5. Where can I find Direct To Garment Printing Companies in Singapore?
Whether you are looking to use Direct To Garment Printing to print your class tees or corporate tees, feel free to contact us! Because at The Noteway, we provide high quality direct to garment printing at affordable prices.
However, The Noteway mainly provides Direct To Garment T Shirt Printing for white or light t shirts, which would not require the use of any white ink.
6. What are the Direct To Garment T Shirt Printing Prices at The Noteway?
Prices for Direct To Garment T Shirt Printing vary based on the:
- Colour of t-shirt you’re printing on.(Price of printing on Coloured Tees >> White Tees)
- Number of sides of printing.
- Colours you are printing. (White and Special Colours are more Expensive)
- Quantity of Tees being printed.
The high pricing of DTG Printing on Dark T-Shirts and reason why we don’t usually do DTG Printing on dark tees are due to 3 key reasons:
- Pretreatment of t-shirts is required if white ink is being used.
- White Ink is significantly more expensive than black ink.
- White ink settles down in the lines and clogs up the DTG printer head. Hence, a lot more time and energy is needed for maintenance of the DTG printer if white ink is used.
Want to find the price of DTG printing? Send us a message. Our minimum order quantity is 100.
7. How do you find a Cheap Direct To Garment Printer?
However, at The Noteway the Price of our RICOH Ri100 Direct To Garment Printer Machine is just $8900 (excl. GST) inclusive of:
- Free Delivery to any location in Singapore.
- Free Printer Set Up upon delivery of DTG Printer.
- Free 3 Hour training to teach you how to operate your printer.
- Free On Site Service and Repair for 1 Year (2x Servicing).
- Free RICOH Design Software and Accessories & Tools for operating and maintaining the DTG Printer. (All tools listed under the next question!)
If you would like cheaper DTG Printers that cost less than $8900, you would likely need to source for them in China. Unfortunately, many of the DTG printers sold in China lack the quality, set up and on site training. Also, many are sold by dubious companies with low quality or lack of social media channels and transparency.
Book a Free Product Demo with us to see our DTG Printer in Action
8. What are The Materials Used for DTG Printing?
|Ink Type||Pigment Ink|
|Target Consumable Yield (with Ricoh standard files for yield, Monthly PV = 200 prints, including the ink amount for head cleaning)|
|High Yield||RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge K (Hi Yield) Type 1||140ml/cartridge, Average 600 prints|
|RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge C (Hi Yield) Type 1||100ml/cartridge, Average 500 prints|
|RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge M (Hi Yield) Type 1|
|RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge Y (Hi Yield) Type 1|
|Regular Yield||RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge K Type 1||50ml/cartridge, Average 200 prints|
|RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge C Type 1||35ml/cartridge, Average 150 prints|
|RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge M Type 1|
|RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge Y Type 1|
- RICOH Design Software
Accessories and Tools
- Standard Power Cable.
- Data Cable USB 2.0.
- CD with Driver, Software, Menus.
9. What are the Uses of Direct To Garment Printing?
10. How to Choose the Best DTG Printer?
There are 3 Key Things to look at when choosing the Best DTG Printer for you.
The Cost and Suitability of The Machine.
Is the cost of the DTG Printer Machine within your budget? Does it suit your business needs?
The Cost of The Print Head with Respect to It’s Longevity.
Higher priced print heads usually have a superior nozzle configuration and are more durable. The nozzle configuration in a print head is important as it determines the quality and resolution achieved in the final print.
Another consideration would be the print head’s working life. A more expensive print head should last longer than a cheaper print head. Hence, it is crucial to note down the average life of a specific brand’s print head and its replacement cost when choosing DTG printers.
The Cost of The DTG Printer Machine Ink.
There is no point in buying a cheap printer if the cost of the ink is going to be extremely expensive. Usually, average cost of the DTG printer machine’s ink is between $0.50 to $1 per t shirt that is printed. Of course this is not taking into account testing costs to achieve the exact colour shade you want, labour costs when you operate the printer, and maintenance time and cost to maintain the printer in good condition.
11. What’s the specifications & price of your Direct To Garment Printer for Sale?
The RICOH Ri 100 invigorates the world of direct to garment (DTG) printing with its space saving design. The RICOH Ri 100 prints images directly onto fabrics using state-of-the-art DTG technology. You can print a one-of-a-kind T-shirt or personalised bags for customers. No prior experience necessary to create beautifully printed products both safely and easily.
It has never been easier to widen your business scope with one machine.
Compact, Efficient Size
The RICOH Ri 100 can fit into a space as small as 399 x 698 mm, making it 1 of the smallest DTG printers. The printer and its heater is stacked to maximize functionality without wasting space.
Easy-to-Operate Design Software & Maintenance
Ricoh Design Software lets you import and edit images before printing, with no specialised knowledge or skills required. Even smartphone photos can be printed with ease.
High Quality Images & Products
Achieve high quality prints thanks to Ricoh’s inkjet technology. Preserve the look on feel of natural fabrics and colourfast prints with direct to garments print using textile inks.
Unbelievable Low Price
As a DTG printer, the RICOH Ri 100 is priced extremely reasonably. Those savings continue through the running costs. RICOH Ri 100 does not require time consuming set up, therefore, it is perfect for small lot printing.
Book a Free Product Demo with us to see our RICOH Ri100 in Action!
RICOH Ri 100 Printer
The RICOH Rh 100 can be set underneath the RICOH Ri 100 and function as a finisher.
- Printing Method: Direct to garment printer
- Technology: On demand piezo inkjet system
- Speed mode: 600 x 600 dpi
- Fine mode: 600 x 600 dpi
- Vivid mode: 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Installation: 399 x 698 x 292.5 mm
- Operation: 399 x 760.3 x 292.5 mm
- Weight: < 25 kg
- Printable Area:
- A4 tray: 291 x 204 mm
- A5 tray: 204 x 142 mm
- Printable Garment Type:
- Farbric: 50-100% Cotton
- Media: T-shirt (From baby size to Adult), Tote bag, Sweat Shirt, Polo shirts
- Fabric Thickness: < 4mm
- Rating Power Spec:
- US/Japan version: 100 – 120V, 50/60Hz
- EU/Asia/China version: 220 – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption:
- Active: < 27.5W
- Energy saver mode: < 2W
- Power off: < 0.5W
- Operating Conditions: 15°C (59°F) – 32°C (89.6°F), Humidity 15% – 80% RH
- Warm-Up Time: < 30 seconds
- Supported Environment:
- Windows Vista: Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, Ultimate
- Windows Server 2008/2008 R2: Standard, Enterprise, R2 Standard / Enterprise, Home Premium
- Windows 7: Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
- Windows 8.1: Standard, Pro, Enterprise
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2: Foundation, Essentials, Standard
- Windows 10: Home, Pro, Enterprise, Education
- Windows Server 2016: Essentials, Standard, Datacenter, MultiPoint Premium Server
- Mac OSX (Intel): 10.9 or later
- Host interface: USB2.0 High Speed, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Network protocol: TCP/IP
- Network/Operating systems: Windows Vista/7/8.1/10/2008 Server/2012 Server/2016 Server
Mac-OSX 10.9 or later
- Safety Standard: UL/CE/IEC
- EMC: FCC/CE/C-Tick/RCM
- RF: FCC/RSS-210/RE/C-Tick/RCM
Ink Type: Pigment Ink
Target Consumable Yield
With Ricoh standard files for yield, Monthly PV = 200 prints, including the ink amount for head cleaning
- High Yield:
- RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge K (Hi Yield) Type 1: 140ml/cartridge, Average 600 prints
- RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge C (Hi Yield) Type 1: 100ml/cartridge, Average 500 prints
- RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge M (Hi Yield) Type 1: 100ml/cartridge, Average 500 prints
- RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge Y (Hi Yield) Type 1: 100ml/cartridge, Average 500 prints
- Regular Yield:
- RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge K (Hi Yield) Type 1: 50ml/cartridge, Average 200 prints
- RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge C (Hi Yield) Type 1: 35ml/cartridge, Average 150 prints
- RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge M (Hi Yield) Type 1: 35ml/cartridge, Average 150 prints
- RICOH Garment Ink Cartridge Y (Hi Yield) Type 1: 35ml/cartridge, Average 150 prints
RICOH Rh 100 Finisher
- Fix Mode (Fusing): Un-contact heating
- Press Mode (Pre-heating): Contact heating
- Machine Size: 400 x 600 x 220 mm
- Weight: < 16.5kg
- Power Rating:
- US: 110 – 127V, 50/60Hz
- EU/AA/CHN/IND: 220 – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Energy Consumption: < 1300W
- Temperature Range: 175°C (Default)/165°C
RICOH Tray for Standard Size Type 1 (A4)
RICOH Tray for Small Size Type 1 (A5)
You’ll also get 1 year free local warranty (excluding consumable parts) if you buy with us. Do feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Contact Us to enquire about our DTG Printer now!