21 Interesting Birthday Celebration Ideas in Singapore from just $12/Pax
Not a cake person? We’re already in the 21st century and sadly, the birthday cake is no longer the best part of a birthday party – it’s kind of boring.
So here are some simple yet interesting birthday celebration ideas that you can choose from to celebrate your birthday this year!
1. Art Jamming on T-Shirts @ Streaks n Strokes
At Streaks n Strokes, you can paint on t-shirts, and celebrate your birthday with friends and family from just $25 per pax for 6 pax and more! Art Jamming on t-shirts and tote bags is a unique and fun filled experience, where you and your friends will get to bring home something practical. Streaks n Strokes also provides designer stencils for newbies in art!
The best part?
You don’t need to dump these hand painted items in a corner of your house. Because you actually can wear them, wash them and wear them over and over again, with your favourite hand painted design staying strongly imprinted on your tee!
- Price: $25 per pax for 6 pax or more (2 Hour Session) – No art background required, as designer stencils will be provided.
- Address: Streaks n Strokes – 29 Tai Seng Avenue #06-09, Natural Cool Lifestyle Hub, Singapore 534119
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: https://www.streaksnstrokes.com/collections/main-products/products/art-jamming-with-a-twist-group
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 8587 8884
- Nearest MRT Station: Tai Seng MRT Station (3 Minutes Walk from MRT)
- Opening Hours: Mondays to Saturdays: 10am, 1pm or 4pm. Sundays: 4pm.
2. Karaoke Party @ Party World KTV, Liang Court Shopping Centre
Love singing, nay, shouting out song lyrics at the top of your lungs? Sing to your heart’s content by hosting a karaoke party for your birthday! Fair warning: This birthday party idea involves many out of tune people shouting at the microphone. Book an appointment with your doctor in advance just in case you get a sore throat after this night-long karaoke session with friends belting out your all time favourite tunes!
- Price: $12 per pax (Minimum 2 Pax) for 3 hour promotion on Weekdays before 8pm
- Address: 177 River Valley Road, #03-03 Liang Court Shopping Centre, Singapore 179030
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: https://www.partyworldktv.com.sg
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6333 5533 / 6333 5588
- Nearest MRT Station: Clarke Quay Station
- Opening Hours: Sun to Thurs (2pm to 4am) & Fri, Sat, P.H, Eve (2pm to 6am)
3. Escape Room Xcape Singapore @ Bugis Village
If your best friends are the adventurous type who love solving puzzles and mysteries, why not get them to join you in an escape room challenge? Solve mind-boggling mysteries within a time limit and pull your hair out together at some of these impossible challenges!
4. Stand-Up Comedy Show @ Comedy at Canvas
Who doesn’t love a good hearty laugh? This stand-up comedy show is the answer to your search for an awesome birthday celebration idea. Sit back, relax and let the comedic stylings of Kumar blow you away. Nothing can quite beat a night of fun and laughter with friends, while watching one of Singapore’s most hilarious comedians @ Comedy at Canvas.
- Price: $25 – $42 per pax (Standing Seats/Pre Allocated Seats for 1 Hour Session)
- Address: Comedy at Canvas – 20 Upper Circular Rd, The Riverwalk #B1-01/06 058416
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: https://www.canvasvenue.sg/comedy-at-canvas
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 8125 0166
- Nearest MRT Station: Clarke Quay MRT
5. Ice Skating @ J Cube
Round up at least 10 friends and glide on ice at The Rink @ JCube, Singapore’s one and only Olympic-sized ice rink. Simply book a party package through their online website and receive exclusive use of The Rink’s party room, fully customisable to your party needs, and hours of fun with your loved ones either showing off your sweet skating skills or trying not to fall on your bum!
- Price: $35 per pax
- Address: JCube, 2 Jurong East Central 1, Level 3, Singapore 609731
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: https://www.therink.sg/group-bookings/#party-package.
- Phone: 6684 2374
- Nearest MRT: Jurong East MRT
- Opening Hours: 10:30am – 10:30pm (weekdays), 10:30am – 11:45pm (weekends)
6. Go-Kart Racing @ KF1 Karting Circuit
Who said you can’t get involved in some heart-thumping action on your birthday? If you’re a thrill-seeker, round up your fellow adrenaline junkies and have a Go-Kart racing party! Feel free to raise the stakes – winner gets to smash the birthday cake in your face!
7. Bowling with Friends @ K Bowling Club
The bowling alley is one of the most mainstream venues for hosting birthday parties, but K Bowling Club brings something special to the table. Not only does it feature Singapore’s one and only “cosmic” bowling alley (it’s glow in the dark!), there is also an arcade area, pool, darts, and KTV booths at your disposal for a guaranteed fun time.
If you really miss the childhood times and secondary school days when you and your friends went bowling after school, you can reignite those memories by hosting your next birthday party here!
8. Beach Party @ Tanjong Beach Club
Beach parties are considered one of the most ‘lit’ parties that anyone could host. If your friends love alcohol, good music and the beach as much as you do, then this is the right birthday party idea for you! Time to spend some time for that desired beach body of yours!
9. Paintball Party @ Red Dynasty Paintball Park
A fun and memorable birthday party starts with paintballs. The bruises caused by paintballs would definitely be something to remember, wouldn’t it?!
Many paintball locations have party rooms where you could settle down to rest for pizza, cake and drinks too.
- Price: $29.90/Pax ++ (Min: 6 Pax)
- Address: 220 Turf Club Road, Singapore 288001 or ORTO, 81 Lorong Chencharu, #01-14, Singapore 769198
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: http://weplaypaintball.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6659 4782
- Nearest MRT: Harbourfront MRT
- Opening Hours: 10am – 7pm
10. Laser Tag @ LaserOPS
Laser tag provides you with all sorts of emotions: adrenaline rushes, non stop fun and exciting challenges. It’s indeed an exciting birthday party idea for the fun and adventurous out there!
- Price: $15 – $36 per pax
- Address: 60A Orchard Road, #B1-04/05/06, The Atrium @ Orchard, 23889
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: http://laserops.com.sg/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 6884 4890 / 8375 4143
- Nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut MRT
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 12pm – 9pm, Friday and Saturday, 11am – 11pm
11. Staycation @ Llyod’s Inn
Wanna go on a vacation for your birthday but don’t have much time to spare? Not to worry! You can always have a holiday in your own country, especially with all the fun that our tropical island resort has to offer.
Lloyd’s Inn is located in a quiet residential area near the heart of Orchard Road and just a stone’s throw from Somerset MRT. It features minimalist bedrooms with plenty of natural light, as well as a roof terrace, modern garden deck and dipping pool surrounded by lush greenery. Ah, paradise!
12. Buffet Feasting @ Shin Minori / Seoul Garden
What better way to celebrate your birthday than to feast at a glorious widespread buffet with friends and family?
We have selected two buffet options for you, both which let the birthday girl/boy eat for free!
1. Shin Minori
Shin Minori offers a free ala carte lunch buffet (worth $37.90) during your birthday month. Stuff yourself to the brim with a myriad of Japanese goodies – including free-flow sushi, sashimi and tempura.
All that you have to do is fill up a form on their website, grab a paying friend to enjoy the deal, and head on down there ready to eat. Make full use of this awesome deal!
- Price: Free!
- Address: UE Square, 81 Clemenceau Ave, Singapore 239917
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: www.shinminori.com.sg
- Phone: 6733 2272
- Nearest MRT: Fort Canning MRT
- Opening Hours: 11:30am – 2:30pm, 6pm – 10:30pm
2. Seoul Garden
Eat for free at Seoul Garden and enjoy a signature brownie cake after. Yes, you heard us right.
Celebrate with 3 other family or friends and get to enjoy your buffet meal absolutely free of charge! Simply reserve at least one day prior and you get to enjoy this exclusive deal either on your actual birthday date or birthday month. What are you waiting for? Your feast awaits!
- Price: Free!
- Address: 6 Raffles Boulevard #03-210, S039594
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: https://www.seoulgarden.com.sg/
- Phone: 6339 1339
- Nearest MRT: Esplanade MRT
- Opening Hours: 11:30am – 10.30pm
13. Day Cruise/Yacht Party
Name a more iconic birthday party than one held on a yacht. Go on, we’ll wait.
Enjoy beautiful views as you cruise through various Singapore islands sipping on a fancy cocktail and getting your suntan on. If there are kids onboard, they will have plenty of fun activities such as water games, swimming and fishing to entertain themselves with. You and your guests could even enjoy a nice dip just 30mins away from the Business District. Last but not least, a BBQ on board can be arranged. Barbequed meat and sunset views – now that’s heaven.
- Price: From $590
- Address: ONE°15 Marina Club, #01, 11 Cove Dr, 1 Sentosa Cove, Singapore 098497
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: https://yachtrental.com.sg/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 9178 1234
- Nearest MRT: Harbourfront MRT
- Duration: Day Cruise: 9am – 1pm OR 1.30pm – 5.30pm, Sunset Cruise: 6pm – 10pm, 8 hours Cruise: 9am – 5pm
14. Surf Waves @ Wavehouse Sentosa
Make waves at your birthday party by hosting it at Wavehouse Sentosa! Guests can surf on the world famous Double FlowRider wave ride and work up an appetite for dinner. With tons of wave rides, water games and hours of fun in the sun, a celebration here will leave your guests wanting more!
- Price: TBC
- Address: 36 Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa, Singapore 099007
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: http://wavehousesentosaevents.com/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 6377 3113
- Nearest MRT: Harbourfront MRT
- Opening Hours: 11.30am – 9.30pm (Mon to Fri), 10.30am – 9.30pm (Saturday, Sunday & PH)
15. Pool & Darts @ Stickies Bar
There’s nothing like a chill night at a bar with friends to celebrate your birthday. Stickies Bar might just be one of the coolest bars you’ll find in Singapore, with a wide array of amenities available. From pool and darts to a PS4 playstation and various board and card games, there is no shortage of fun in your time here. Play beer pong at just $50 per table and drink yourself silly on your special night!
- Price: TBC
- Address: 11 Keng Cheow Street, #01-07 Riverside Piazza, Singapore 059608
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: http://www.stickiesbar.com/reservation/
- Phone: 6327 4986
- Nearest MRT: Clarke Quay MRT
- Opening Hours: 12pm – 12am
16. Cafe Hopping in Malaysia
Celebrate your birthday by taking a day trip to Johor Bahru, Malaysia, and exploring the hipster cafes and famous eateries that it has to offer! Johor Bahru has plenty of amazing sights that will definitely leave you in awe and with tons of Instagram foliage to impress your followers with. This birthday celebration is a little more free-and-easy as you get to call the shots the entire day and decide where you want to go!
Check out these lists of cafes that will not disappoint:
Have you always wanted to go camping in style? Now’s your chance! Escape the humdrum of city life, wind down and relax on this little getaway. Enjoy the beautiful sunset views from your tent and bond with your loved ones as you barbeque by the sea. You can conveniently choose from a selection of birthday packages that will get everything perfect for you to enjoy on your special day.
18. Concert Fever
Spend your birthday by singing and dancing along to your favourite artists in the flesh! Head on over to this awesome website linked down below, Bandsintown, to get the latest updates on who’s coming to town and snag the best possible tickets for yourself.
- Price: TBC
- Website: https://www.bandsintown.com/
19. Spa Day @ Yunomori Onsen & Spa
Indulge in some well-deserved and much needed self-love on your special day, especially for those of you who have been working hard the entire year. Yunomori Onsen & Spa is the perfect place to do just that, with a wide range of Onsen baths and facilities for you to choose from. For just $38 (exclusive of GST), you get to enjoy all day access to the Yunomori baths, lounge, sauna and more. Dreams do come true.
20. Gold Class Movie Experience
Watching movies might be one of Singaporeans’ favourite pastime, so why not jazz it up by opting for the Gold Class Experience? On your birthday, you deserve to not have your favourite movie disrupted by the loud talkers, handphone users, or tall blockers seated in front of you. Lounge in comfort on Nappa leather-clad recliners and enjoy sumptuous meals prepared by a Gold Class chef, as well as a selection of premium wines at your fingertips. This is cinematic luxury at its finest.
21. Wild Birthday @ Singapore Zoo
Party with the animals at Singapore Zoo and enjoy free admission on your birthday or any of the 7 days after! You could even opt for their birthday party package and receive exclusive perks, or choose any one of the spectacular venues at the Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, River Safari or Jurong Bird Park to host your one-of-a-kind birthday extravaganza.
- Price: Free!
- Address: 80 Mandai Lake Road, S729826
- Website for Enquiries & Booking: https://www.wrs.com.sg/en/host-an-experience-with-us.html
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6360 8672
- Nearest MRT: Khatib MRT
- Opening Hours: 8.30am – 6pm
There you have it. 21 Interesting Birthday Party Ideas for a memorable birthday!
Make sure you take great photos too. Enjoy and Happy Birthday to You!:)