Dye Sublimation Printing
Dye Sublimation Printing is a printing method that uses heat sensitive inks. Students love to use this method to print class tees especially if they have colourful designs and are using white dri-fit tees. During the dye sublimation process, these heat sensitive inks are first printed on a coated heat resistant transfer paper as a reverse image of the final design to be printed. Then the heat sensitive inks are subject to a certain specific level of heat and pressure until they turn into a gas and infuse right into a 100% polyester medium.
This dye sublimation process is a permanent infusion process. Hence, it allows the tees to be washed, ironed and even steamed without losing any clarity of the design printed.
Contact us for Dye Sublimation Printing Now
Dye Sublimation Printing – Pointers to Take Note
The best effect for dye sublimation is only achieved on fully white dri fit tees. Also, the cost of dye sublimation does not increase with the number of colours in your design unlike silk screen printing. As such dye sublimation is ideal for multi-coloured designs or even photos to be printed on white dry fit tshirts.
Advantages of Dye Sublimation Printing
- The image is permanent and does not fade with time.
- Dye sublimation is economical to some extent.
Disadvantages of Dye Sublimation Printing
- Dye sublimation printing cannot be used on cotton. It’s only used on polyester and synthetic fabrics.
- It is for white or light based dri fit t shirts only.
- Dye sublimation is a slow process due to the slow printing speed.
- Graphic design images from Dye Sublimation prints may not be razor sharp.
A lot of printers in Singapore do not offer dye sublimation printing. This is because of the restrictions it imposes and high cost of machines. However, The Noteway offers one of the highest quality of dye sublimation available in the market. What’s more. If you don’t have a design for your white dry fit tshirt yet, we can design for you for free!